Monday, January 17, 2011

Multicultural Festival



This next task involved creating a poster to promote the Multicultural Festival. When I read the title, "One World Living Together" I started to think of a wall of flags. It represents how we hold this world together as one, and we build and create for each other. I decided to put this wall of flags inside a heart to obviously represent love. We must love and respect other cultures just as we love and respect our own. We have only one world and we all have to inhabit it. Why not show care to all the cultures who live on this world with us. We are all one united family and the multicultural festival is a perfect way to share new things with our family.

I first collected a group of flags that I thought best showed the variety that the world holds. I then made a layer of the dark aqua colour that I thought was a great colour to compliment all the different colours on the flags. I then selected the heart shape and deleted the colour inside to make it look as thought the flags are creating the heart. I then made the shapes around the heart with the line tool and filled them with a lighter blue colour. I think all the colours on this poster go well together and compliment each other just like all the cultures on this earth, we compliment each other in varying ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment