Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Class Responses

This blog is for my media arts class. I will be posting on this blog throughout the semester.

Answers To The Questions 
First and foremost, I make art for myself. I draw things that I like, and use colours and elements that I want to see in artwork. I'm interested in a career involving graphic design, and I want to learn as much as I can to acheive this goal.
After looking at Josh Summers' artwork during class I was interested and inspired in media arts even more. I liked his artwork. He brings elements together that you would never see in the real world. I like artwork that shows something that would never happen, something outside of the norm.

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."- Oscar Wilde
I agree with Oscar Wilde's quote. You have to see things in your own way to be able to express your view on what you are seeing. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephen, welcome to class. I am glad to have you here. Your blog looks good and appears to work properly. As the course proceeds I am going to push yo to write more deeply reflective and analytical responses. The written part is as important as the images. The good news is that your grammar and spelling is perfect.
    MR

    ReplyDelete