Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A New Kid At Lourdes


This assignment involved blending faces together to create a new student. This assignment was quite challenging, especially having to make the new features look like part of the original face. My new kid is called Lauren and she is very smart. She has memorized the periodic table, she knows all the dates for all important events in history, and she can solve any math problem you give her, in her head. She sounds like an excellent student who would be getting the best grades in school, but she's not. She puts no effort into anything she does, because she just can't be bothered.

BEFORE
I used Taylor's face as a base. I erased the eyes and mouth to replace with new features. I then pasted Jenna's eyes on to the image and made them look seamless. After replacing the eyes I copied and pasted Jill's mouth, being careful to make the smile look natural by putting the corners of the mouth by the smile creases in the face. I decided to change the hair colour so I adjusted the colour to a natural red colour. I then shortened the hair. I found this to be challenging. Having to erase all the hair and still make it look as real as I can was difficult. I then used the collar off of Jose's image, and the Lourdes symbol off of Nick's shirt because Taylor's hair was covering it in the original picture. I am very pleased with my final result, and if Lauren was real, we'd be BFF's!
AFTER

1 comment:

  1. Stephen, excellent job. Especially with the haircut. Pasting in a collar and logo make all the difference. I'd like you to explain this to the class when we see the slide show.

    I am impressed with your technical skills. Try to make you post more specific with reference to tool names and aesthetic concepts to improve your assessment.

    ReplyDelete