Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vamp'd

VAMPIRE GAGA

BEFORE
I have recently completed my own project of turning Lady Gaga into a bloodsucking vampire. I took a picture of Lady Gaga and first adjusted the colours by selecting specific parts of the picture with the lasso tool. I then got a background of a gloomy forest and placed that behind her by simply dragging the picture on to my project straight from the internet. After that I cut, copied, and pasted the mouth from the "True Blood" logo and placed that over Gaga's own lips. I noticed the fang was too small to see from a distance so I found a picture of a vampire and copied and pasted a fang from that picture. The fang was a bit yellow so I raised the contrast to make it look brighter, then lowered the brightness on the top of the tooth to make it look like it's actually in her mouth. I then got a picture of smoke, I lowered the brightness and made it transparent. I then made a copy of the smoke, flipped it horizontally and placed it in front of Gaga, just to add to the mysterious theme of the picture. After placing all the elements I adjusted the colour of Gaga so she blended better with the rest of the elements. After all that hard work I finished by lowering the brightness of certain features of her face such as her cheekbones and the sides of her nose to give her more of a gaunt, undead kind of look. I love how this picture turned out, I hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome piece of work Stephen. You are demonstrating a very employable level of creativity and talent. I hope you are keeping a file of these on your computer. The Culminating Activity for this course is a portfolio and you are well on your way.

    ReplyDelete